Behavior Support Services
Ireland Home Based Services Behavior Support Services program has been providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities with behavioral and mental health needs across Southwest Indiana since 2003. Services can be afforded through the following:
- Family Supports Waiver
- Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver
- State Line Item Funding
- Consultation Provider Support – Crisis Based and/or Ongoing
What to expect from IHBS Behavior Support Services:
- Frequent face-to-face visits and consultation from a chosen behavior clinician in the most natural environments possible, including home, community, work and schools with input from the consumers, families and the consumer’s support team.
- Services are provided at the times and on the days that are most convenient for the consumers including evenings and weekends.
- 24-hour on-call ongoing and crisis management support from the consumer’s chosen clinician. We have seven clinicians to afford this support ongoing when a clinician is out for any reason.
- In-house clinical supervision provided by Dr. John F. Ireland, PhD, HSPP.
- Functional Analysis of Behavior assessment development at the initiation of services and ongoing as behavioral needs change.
- A comprehensive, individualized and strength-based Behavior Support Plan is developed based upon assessed needs with the input of the consumer, family and their support team members to address positive skill development including, but not limited to:
- Improving social skills
- Improving communication skills
- Developing/strengthening appropriate anger/frustration management skills
- Developing/strengthening appropriate coping skills
- Improving attention to tasks
- Developing/strengthening appropriate communication skills
- Improving self-advocacy skills
- Management of signs and symptoms of mental health concerns
- Family, caregiver and provider training by the chosen clinician on the developed Behavior Support Plan across all environments (including but not limited to home, work and school) to promote consistency with interventions across environments
- Ongoing assessment of the consumer needs and the implemented Behavior Support Plan for any needed changes. Written reports of status/progress at least monthly and quarterly or as otherwise requested by a consumer, their family and the support team.
- Consultation behavior support services available for group homes, providers of all different types of services including staff training and full behavior support services
To make a referral or for questions, please contact Karen Sommer at:
HIPAA Rights and Responsibilities CLICK HERE